We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based Guest House. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any queries or questions please feel free to call us and we will do all we can to help.
Amrock Guest House is 100% non-smoking.
- There is a bus stop within 100 yards of our property used by local buses and by the Yorkshire Coastliner Service originating from Leeds and calling at York and many Towns and villages in between.
- The main train station is 15 minutes walk away.
- There are many local taxi services available, some with accessible taxis if required (ie. Station Taxis 01723 366366). We can make reservations for you.
- We have a comprehensive website which is subject to continuous review and improvement. This details our rooms, prices breakfast menu and gives general information regarding the surrounding area. A guest book has been added for 2008. The site has been tested against W3C.
- We can provide information in large print if required.
- You can contact us via phone letter or email. A number is available for text messaging if required.
- The property entrance is stepped and is unsuitable for wheelchair access, unfortunately a ramped alternative is not practical.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival parking is on street for which permits will be provided. Every effort will be made to ensure that space is available on arrival but cannot be guaranteed if vehicles are subsequently moved. Parking is however generally available in the area.
- The street is sloping and access to the property is via 8 steps with handrails both sides.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
- The town centre is within 15 mins. comfortable walk.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door is closed at night and during inclement weather but is not locked. The inner lobby door is locked shut and guests are provided with a key.
- Doorbells are situated both outside and inside the lobby area.
- On entry to our home there is a hallway and private lounge.
- The breakfast room and our Kitchen are also off the reception Hall.
- The area is close carpeted.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The breakfast room and private lounge are on the ground floor.
- There are no bedrooms on the ground floor. Three bedrooms are on the first floor. Our larger family facility and single room are on the second floor.
- The covering on all stairs and corridors is close fitting carpet.
- Handrails are fitted on both sides of stairs.
- Stairs are 31 inches (80cm) wide. There are 16 steps to the first floor and a further 14 (with a flat turn at 10) to the second floor.
- All corridors are well lit and are also provided with emergency lighting in event of mains failure.
Public Areas - WC
- All bedrooms are en suite and no public WC is generally available although our private bathroom on the first floor may be available by arrangement.
- Our fully carpeted dining room is situated on the ground floor. We have a variety of tables to enable us to ensure that each room may have an individual table whilst still being able to cater for larger groups/families wishing to sit together. All chairs are moveable and are of fixed height.A childs' high chair is available.
- There is a small patio area to the front of the premises equipped with bench, chairs and table where you can relax and enjoy the evening sunshine. The area is available to smokers.
- We have 5 bedrooms all different in their composition. All rooms have wardrobes and a plentiful supply of drawers. The beds are all furnished with pillows and duvets - additional blankets are available.
- All rooms have a hospitality tray, tea and coffee making facilities and a selection of toiletries.
- Each room has a smoke and heat detector linked to the central fire panel. A sounder is also incorporated in each unit ensuring 75db at bed height.
- Room1 - has a standard double bed bed (to be a twin room early 2011). Located on the first floor access is via a standard 28'' wide doorway. This also has a colour tv with integral DVD player and remote.The full ensuite is equipped with a diisability alarm call and grab handles.
- Room2 - is also on the first floor and is equipped with a standard size double bed, cordless kettle, colour tv with integral DVD.
Room3 - This is the final room on the first floor and is equipped with a king size double bed, cordless kettle and 22'' flat screen digital tv with integral dvd player. In addition the room has two chairs and matching table situated in the bay window.
- Room 4 - This room is situated on the second floor and is two adjoining rooms forming our family suite. The main room has a double bed and is equipped with cordless kettle and colour tv with integral dvd. The attached second room (only accessible via the main room) has 3ft bunk beds and can also accommodate a single bed if required. The room has its own colour tv and Sony Playstation. The family en suite is accessed from this second room.
- Room 6 - This is situated on the 2nd floor. It is a single room equipped with kettle, colour TV with integral DVD player.
Bathroom, Shower-room and WC's
- All bedrooms have full en-suite facilities being WC, washbasin and shower. In addition Room 4 has a 1200mm childrens bath over which is situated the shower.
- We will do all we can to help any person with specific needs. Plese contact us for an informal discussion.
- Address is 11 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough North Yorks. YO12 7TR
- Telephone number 01723 374423
- Fax - none
- Minicom - none
- Email - email@example.com
- Hours of operation - owners live on site.
- Local equipment hire companies - we will be happy to source any particular requirements.
- Public transport numbers:
- Arriva travel line 08706082608
- Rail enquiries 08457484950
- Local accessible taxi numbers:
- Station Taxis 01723 366366
- Nippy 01723 377377
- Atlas cabs 01723 369990
- Boro Cabs 01723 361111
We welcome your feedback
to help us continuously improve.
If you have any comments please phone or email